Tweed Dance - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Casual & Trial Classes
Attendance & Late Arrivals
Class Arrival & Departure
End of Year Concert
- Enrolment forms must be completed at the start of each year for all students (i.e. new and returning).
- A non-refundable, annual administration fee will apply at time of enrolment - $25 single enrolment and $35 family enrolment (2 or more students) - and resets each calendar year.
- Annual administration fees will not apply to preschool students.
- Notification must be received in writing to Tweed Dance prior to the end of the current term if you wish to withdraw or change your enrolment.
- Term fees will be invoiced via email and are due within 14 days of term commencement - please note the due date on your invoice.
- A late fee of $10 will apply to each week that fees remain outstanding after the due date, unless prior arrangements have been made. Continued non-payment of fees will result in students being refused entry to classes and the outstanding fees referred to a debt recovery agency.
- A payment plan option is available for fees over $200 per term and is subject to approval. Cash payments will not be accepted for payment plans.
- Pro-rata fees will only apply to new students commencing mid-term (not existing or returning students).
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable for classes missed due to illness or holidays, or if your child does not complete the entire term.
- Tweed Dance is closed on public holidays. However, classes will be held on pupil free school days unless advised otherwise.
Casual & Trial Classes
- Casual & trial classes must be paid for (refer to pricing information) prior to commencement of each class.
- Participation in classes is not permitted unless payment has been received prior to commencement of class.
- Upon enrolment, trial class payments will be adjusted on your first invoice to reflect full term enrolment pricing (i.e. at the lesser price per class for full term enrolment).
- A maximum of 2 consecutive trial classes will apply to the above offer or casual attendance fees will be applied.
Attendance & Late Arrivals
- Regular attendance of classes is expected of all students as participation is necessary for choreographic continuity and class development.
- Parents are responsible for notifying via email or SMS if their child cannot attend a class.
- Students are to arrive to classes on time to warm up and stretch and must be dressed appropriately for dance.
- Students who are regularly late to a class will not be permitted to participate due to the disruption this causes, unless prior notification has been received.
- Students who do not attend classes regularly may be withdrawn from sections of routines or may be advised to withdraw from the class.
- Students who are injured are expected to attend the class to sit and observe.
- Tweed Dance reserves the right to cancel classes without notice due to inconsistent attendance or low numbers. Parents will be notified of any changes.
Class Arrival & Departure
- Students are encouraged to use the bathroom prior to commencement of their class to minimise class disruption. A healthy energy snack before class is also advised.
- Students are to arrive dressed appropriately for dance (refer to Tweed Dance website ‘What to wear’ under ‘Dance Styles’).
- Correct footwear is to be worn by the third week of enrolment and hair tied back and off the face at all times. Water bottles are to be filled prior to commencement of class.
- Parents are required to escort their junior students to the studio and wait with them until the commencement of class.
- Students are to be collected from the studio immediately at the end of class. Under no circumstances will junior students be permitted to wait outside the studio or in the carpark.
- Students are the responsibility of Tweed Dance for the duration of the class ONLY, unless prior arrangements have been made. Parents are responsible for their children outside of class times, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Parents and friends are not permitted into the studio during class times - Tiny Toes parents please refer to further information on Tweed Dance website ‘Dance Styles’.
- Parents, students and friends are not permitted to view classes through windows or doorways & must wait in the waiting room (PCYC) or outside (Terranora Hall) while classes are underway. The landing & the stairs outside the PCYC studio are to be kept clear at all times.
- Parents, grandparents and siblings may attend the Open Days held in the last week of Term 1 and Term 2. To minimise disruption please arrive on time & remain quiet for the duration of the class. Phones must be turned off or on silent.
- If siblings accompany parents to view Open Day classes, they must remain seated and quiet. Re-entry into the studio will not be permitted once the class has commenced.
- NO food or drink is permitted in the studio. Water bottles excepted.
- NO photographic or video equipment may be used in any class without the express permission from Tweed Dance.
End of Year Concert
- Participation in our End of Year Concert in December (TBA) is encouraged and expected, although not compulsory. Please notify Deb immediately if your child cannot participate in the performance.
- Full dress rehearsal (scheduled 2 weeks before the concert) is compulsory for any student participating in the End of Year Concert.
- Costume costs are generally $40 - $80 per costume and become the property of the parent/student. Additional charges may be applied for adult sizes (primary aged students) and plus sizes (senior students).
- Costume deposits will be invoiced in Term 2 and costume balances invoiced in Term 3.
- It is understood and agreed that your costume deposit is an acceptance that your child will be participating in the End of Year Concert. Costumes will not be ordered for your child unless a deposit has been received by the due date.
- It is understood and agreed that costumes are ordered from catalogues and whilst all care is taken with sizing some adjustments may be required and any costs incurred are the responsibility of parents.
- Costumes must be collected during costume hand-out week. Costumes will not be handed out whilst costume fees remain outstanding.
- Deb must be notified within 24 hours of receiving costumes if there are any issues.
- To the extent permitted by law, costume costs are non refundable..
- Students will not be permitted to participate in the End of Year Concert whilst term fees and/or costume fees remain outstanding.
- A late fee of $10 will apply to each week that fees remain outstanding after the due date, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Parents must inform Deb of any medical conditions or allergies that their child may have.
- Parents must inform Deb of any prior or current illnesses or injuries.
- Students with asthma must carry their asthma medication with them at all times.
- Students with severe allergies must have their parent close by at all times to administer an EpiPen in the event of an emergency.
- Students MUST bring a filled water bottle to class and maintain good hydration.
- NO NUT PRODUCTS. Many students have allergies to nuts, so do not bring to the studio.
- If required, first aid will be provided to students. However, teachers are not authorised to administer paracetamol or other medications.
- In the event of a medical emergency the student’s parent/guardian will be contacted for the child to be picked up. In the event of a serious medical emergency an ambulance will be called and the parent/guardian will incur the costs.
- All personal items are to be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- No jewellry to be worn during classes.
- Students must keep all personal items contained and clear of doorways to prevent trip hazards.
- Mobile phones are not to be used and are to be turned off or on silent during classes.
- Tweed Dance will not be held liable for any loss or damage of property left at the studio.
- Communication between parents and Tweed Dance is essential and it is the responsibility of parents to read all newsletters, emails and text messages from Tweed Dance to keep informed.
- Please notify Tweed Dance immediately of any changes to your contact details.
- Parents/Guardians are advised to add Tweed Dance firstname.lastname@example.org to their email contacts to avoid important information being blocked. Google ‘how to whitelist emails’ for further information.
- Parents/Guardians must have a valid email address and contact phone number to receive important information, newsletters and invoices.
- Invoices are sent via email only and will only be sent to one email address.
- Concerns and queries are to be directed to Deb. Teachers are not to be approached during or in-between class time to discuss matters or answer queries.
- Parents seeking feedback on their child’s progress should contact Deb, who will give a student assessment after discussion with their teacher.
- Parents are to respect the need for teachers to prepare for classes and therefore teachers will be unavailable for discussions before, during or in- between classes. Please direct all concerns and queries to Deb.
- Parents and teachers should not communicate with each other via email, phone or social media. All communication should be passed through Deb.
- Parents and teachers should not seek access to each other’s profiles on social media e.g. Facebook.
- Parents and teachers are not to pass out private contact information.
- Students and teachers should not communicate with each other via email, phone or social media. All communication should be passed through Deb.
- Students and teachers should not seek access to each other’s profiles on social media e.g. Facebook
- Students and teachers are not to pass out private contact information.
- It is understood and agreed that whilst all care will be taken, Tweed Dance will not be responsible for any injuries incurred by students before, during and after class activities, rehearsals and performances or for the damage or loss of personal effects or clothing.
- I understand and give consent to the use of photographs and video recordings from time to time for promotional development of Tweed Dance.
- I have read and accept the terms and conditions of enrolment to Tweed Dance.